Kristy is one of a handful of Accredited Criminal Law Specialists in Queensland. She is a member of the Queensland Law Society’s Criminal Law Committee and Queensland Law Society’s Specialist Accreditation Committee. Kristy has been consistently recognised as one of Queensland’s recommended leading Criminal Defence Lawyers in Doyle’s Guide.
Kristy works on all kinds of criminal and quasi-criminal matters including investigative hearings, commissions, coronial inquests, parole applications and criminal confiscations matters. Kristy also conducts prosecutions on behalf of the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Kristy understands being charged with a criminal offence is a distressing experience and considers discretion imperative in the conduct of all her matters, irrespective of the profile of her clients. She takes a considered and empathetic approach to client care but is unyielding in the advocacy of her client’s rights.
Kristy’s areas of practice are:
- Criminal Law
- Investigative Hearings
- Proceeds of Crime
- Parole Applications
- Traffic Offences
- Domestic Violence
- Coronial Inquests
- – Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- – Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- – Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Leading Criminal Defence Lawyer, Queensland 2022
- Leading Traffic and DUI Lawyer, Queensland 2022
- Recommended Leading Criminal Defence Lawyer, Queensland 2021
- Recommended Leading Traffic & DUI Lawyer, Queensland 2021
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist, Criminal Law
- Criminal Law Rising Star Australia 2017, Doyle’s Guide
- Recommended Leading Criminal Defence Lawyer, Doyle’s Guide 2020